Downie is the only video download for macOS you will ever need. It isn’t simply another YouTube-downloader: Downie supports at this moment over 700 different sites! The full list may be viewed in Downie’s preferences, under the Sites tab.
- Supports many sites – currently supports over 750 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- International – not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us – we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
- UI Redesign – Most of the UI is completely redesigned, including the app icon.
- Menu Bar Control – Ability to control Downie from the menu bar.
- Link Filtering – Select the links you want to download in case Downie finds multiple downloads on a single page.
- Scheduled Downloads – Schedule delayed download start.
- Windowless Mode – Ability to close main window without closing the app.
- Simple Mode – Less distracting way to display your downloads.
- Download Folder Hierarchy – Options to sort downloaded files by website, playlist and include playlist information in file name.
- Automatic Ordering – Option to automatically order the queue by progress or name.
- Automatic Clearing – Option to automatically remove completed downloads from the queue.
- Safari Extension Options – Option not to activate Downie when using Safari extension.
- Browser Extensions + Postprocessing – Browser extensions are updated and support sending links to Downie with a postprocessing intent.
- DASH Stream Support – It’s a good thing!
- HLS Subtitles Support – More weird letters, but trust us, it’s a good thing.
- AAC Support – Option not to enforce MP3 with audio postprocessing.
- User-Guided Extraction + Pop-Ups – User-Guided Extraction now supports pop up windows (disabled by default), which allows signing into some services using e.g. Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.
- Improved:??nrk.no, vmovier.com, youtube.com.
Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later