FSNotes is a plain-text note manager for macOS, and is modern reinvention of notational velocity (nvALT) on steroids. Our application respects the following open formats: plain/text, Markdown, and RTF, and stores data in the file system. You can view, edit, and copy data in your favourite external editor, and see live results in FSNotes.
- ICloud synchronization
- Keyboard centric
- Global shortcuts (clipboard save / search field)
- Markdown and RTF markup (files stored on disk as plain/text and rich text)
- Markdown preview mode
- Elastic two pane view (vertical and horizontal layout)
- Blazing fast and lightweight
- Open files in finder / works with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI)
- Pin/unpin important notes in top
- Multi folder storage
- Markdown live highlighting with over 170 languages in code blocks
Hi guys, FSNotes 5 finally released! Here most advanced notes manager for macOS fully rewitten and powered by electron… Joke ?? Of course Swift like early, but with tons of improvements and new features.
Thanks all you guys for requests and bug reports, i am really appreciate it.
- Some new features you can see in the list below, but seems it not all.
- Adds hierarchy of nested folders in sidebar
- Adds advanced tags management
- Adds untagged smart box
- Adds all notes view for subfolders
- Adds $ in MathJax scanner
- Adds new default filenames “Untitled Note”, “yyyy-MM-dd HH.mm.ss”, “yyyyMMddHHmmss”
- Adds selected/focus highlights for sidebar and notes list
- Adds immediate permanent delete shortcut
- Adds recents search
- Adds storage folder name before title in edit window
- Adds drag/drop notes to tags
- Adds system accent colors support
- Adds feature for dragging text outside app editor
- Adds feature for dragging notes list row outside (link formatted)
- Adds images support on print
- Adds command-x shortcut for cut the entire line
- Adds cache for text attributes and omproves performance
- Adds indentations in paragraphs for quotes and lists, numbered lists and todo
And more than 50 fixes!
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor