Lingon X 6 is based on the great Lingon 3 and extends it with new features like running jobs as root and at multiple dates. It is now even easier to use yet much more powerful. Version X 5 is a paid upgrade.
- Start an app, a script or run a command automatically whenever you want it to. You can schedule it to run at a specific times, regularly or when something special happens.
- It can also make sure that an app or a script automatically restarts if it crashes. Lingon X can do all this for you and much more.
- Lets you run things automatically by modifying configuration files for the built-in system function called launchd so the system handles running the jobs so you don’t need to have Lingon open after you have saved your job.
- Released outside Mac App Store to be able to include requested features.
- Still available in Mac App Store for those who still use OS X 10.7 Lion or prefer the comfort and convenience of the Mac App Store.
- Earlier versions of Lingon X are still available to work with macOS from 10.8. And a license bought today can be used with both Lingon X 5 and Lingon X 4.
- Dark mode
- Log – see the log for each job
- Tree view – see jobs listed hierarchically
- See the login items from System Preferences and some of the apps
- Improved accessibility support, preferences and user interface
- Added way to edit system jobs (see site for more information)
- Added way to uninstall the internal helper tools
- Optimized for High Sierra
- Many, many other small improvements and bug fixes