MAMP PRO is the commercial, professional grade version of the classic local server environment for MAMP. Designed for professional Web developers and programmers, MAMP Pro allows easy installation and administration of their development environment.
As a professional Web developer you have to test your programs in detail. In addition, you need a highly configurable developing environment with all the components also used by most ISPs: Apache, MySQL and PHP in the latest stable versions. No matter whether you want to test your latest AJAX creation, or realize a new page with webEdition: MAMP Pro supports you during the tests of your developments.
You can set up any number of servers to carry out tests without danger for your live system. Besides, the local name resolution is performed by MAMP Pro. To simulate a very authentic environment, the MAMP Pro also switches on the local mail server, so that dispatching mails by PHP scripts is possible.
With MAMP Pro, you can easily connect your local server with an existing Dynamic DNS provider, as for example dyndns.com. Making it very simple to quickly make the results of your work accessible externally for superiors and prospective customers. And because you can set up many virtual hosts, you can easily offer alternative configurations or suggestions.
The freely available standard design “MAMP” is automatically coinstalled with MAMP Pro. Thus all MAMP features are available to you immediately:
– Apache Web server
– MySQL database server
– phpMyAdmin to access the MySQL database
– PHP as a module for the Web server
– Company of Web server and database on standard or individual port
With MAMP Pro, no complicated editing of configuration files is necessary to set up a working test environment. Cleanly separated, several projects can be developed at the same time. To be able to represent as great of a variety of ISP’s as possible, PHP can be toggled at any time between Version 4 and 5 to guard against any possible incompatibilities. A staging server on your Mac is set up with MAMP Pro with a few mouse clicks, so that you can keep your customers and superiors up-to-date about the state of your projects at any time. The user interface of MAMP Pro allows Apache modules to be systematically enabled or deactivated. Thus you can perfectly emulate the server environment on which your project will later run, and guarantee the highest possible quality of your project.
The MySQL database is a component of the MAMP, however it is much easier to configure with MAMP Pro. To increase the security of a Mac connected to the Internet, you can not only quite easily change the port where MySQL answers, but change of the root password or limit the access to the database server to local users. Should errors occur for SQL inquiries, with MAMP Pro you can also define the location for your error log to be saved, so that you will not have to search for it.
MAMP PRO 5 brings your web development to a whole new level:
– Vastly improved GUI with a Finder-like sidebar
– Integrated editor for editing source files and viewing images, PDF and movie files
– Preview mobile websites with a specialized app for iOS
– Faster server restarts
– A configuration GUI for Nginx
– In-App Updates for popular components: PHP, phpMyAdmin, cURL and OpenSSL
– Searchable Host Overview with site previews
– MySQL 5.6
– Ruby with Rails
– Make PHP, Perl, Python and Ruby easily available on the command line
– GroupStart: Define which Servers and Services will automatically start
– Save and Restore server settings for individual hosts
– Additional Extras available (Magento, phpBB, Presta Shop and MediaWiki)
– Customizable toolbar for often needed functions
– Manage all your project assets with the new Assets window
– Use the Scrap Pad for copying code snippets and more
– Show recently used hosts
– Generic DNS Services are now supported
– Start/Restart/Stop Servers and Services independently
– and many morea€|
FileName: MAMP_PRO_5.6_.net.dmg [365 MB]
FileSize: 365 MB
Download MAMP & MAMP PRO 5.6