MarsEdit is a blog editor for OS X that makes editing your blog like writing email, with spell-checking, drafts, multiple windows, and even AppleScript support.
It works with with most blog services including WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, Movable Type, TypePad, and many others.
- Existing media items from your blog are now synced and available in the “Published” tab of Media Manager
- Post password can now be set from the MarsEdit document options side panel
- Fix a bug that attempted to publish using invalid author ID after switching target blog
- Can now drag from Media Manager to Featured Image either as new image or reusing existing published image
- Improve accessibility of featured image by setting proper file name based on original file
General media management improvements
- Images from the “On My Mac” tab can now be dragged directly into a post without opening the Upload Utility
- Fix a bug that caused some images dragged from the Media Manager to get long alphanumeric names
- The list of attached files now updates as images are being uploaded
- Fix a bug that prevented some images from being resized correctly on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Items can now be dragged with a single click/drag even when the window is not active
- Now showing better thumbnail images for non-image file types
- The “Add Category” field now suggests completions from among the list of existing category names
- Support VoiceOver access to menu items that are hidden by default
- Improved reliability of preview template downloading for Micro.blog
- Fix a bug that prevented the date of newly published AtomPub posts from showing correctly
- Rename the “Split Post” functionality to use “Read More Tag” terminology
- Fix a bug in preferences showing the wrong values for Retina-based image size constraints
Compatibility: macOS 10.13.0 or later