News Explorer is an innovative easy-to-use news reader exclusively built for the Apple’s ecosystem, with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.
Full Sync Across All Your Devices
- News Explorer syncs your subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
- Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
- Built-in high speed RSS engine.
- Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
- Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the built-in browser.
- With Force click, you can easily perform frequently used actions on selected news items.
- Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes in the news items list.
- Pull subscription list to start a sync session.
- App icon badge with unread items count.
Feed level article view options
- You can now set a preferred article view modus for each individual feed.
- For example Mercury Reader view a€?CNNa€?, Feed Article view for a€?MacRumorsa€? and Website Article view for a€?Dezeena€?.
- Long press the Reader view button to select a primary view.
- The Mercury Reader view engine now works locally.
- The Arc90 Readability performance has been dramatically improved.
Poster article list view
- The article list can now be set to a€?Postera€? view, in addition to the existing view options
- Poster view shows a preview image under the header and summary of each article.
- The height of the preview image can be adjusted in the Preferences panel.
Improvements, tweaks and fixes
- Automatic detection and correct display of RTL languages.
- Timeline view supports now the same article views as the article list.
- Unread and read items can now be stored forever instead of a limited period.
- Long words in the article viewer are now being hyphenated, if the language of the feed is known.
- Countless other small tweaks and fixes.