OmniGraffle Pro helps you draw beautiful diagrams, family trees, flow charts, org charts, layouts, and (mathematically speaking) any other directed or non-directed graphs. We’ve had people use Graffle to plan plotlines for a story, make an overview of an operating system, show the evolution of computers, and even show how diseases can spread in a closed population. If you want to organize your thoughts, your projects, or even your friends graphically, using boxes and lines, OmniGraffle is your tool.
OmiGraffle Professional has all of the great features in 6.0, plus a powerful toolset for advanced document creation and editing options. For the pro user who’s looking for an in-depth diagramming application that’s still priced below the competition, you’ve come to the right place.
What’s in Pro:
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio? documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you’d like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between a normal and a Shared layer.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolution-independent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export has returned, and supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
What’s New in 7
- Point Editor Tool
- Infinite Canvas
- Artboards & Artboard Layers PRO
- Convert Text to Shapes PRO
- Convert Line to Shape PRO
- Keyboard Shortcut Sets
- Basic SVG Import
- The New Export Panel
- The Unified Sidebar
OmniGraffle 7.13 significantly improves performance when using images, improves macOS Catalina compatibility including fixing the reversed hyphenation setting, and much more.
- Site Licensing: OmniGraffle now supports Site Licensing for businesses, schools, and other organizations. If you are interested in learning more, or purchasing a site license for OmniGraffle, please [email protected]
- Stencils: Added a Kanban board stencil.
- Images: Significantly improved performance when using large images.
- Images: Improved performance when using images with transparency.
- Images: Fixed image rendering issues that resulted in what looked like partial grid lines appearing on screen when using macOS Catalina.
- Images: Images display at correct resolution on screen when using macOS Catalina with only a Retina display.
- Text: The Allow / Disallow Hyphenation setting is applied in correctly when using macOS Catalina.
- Images: Fixed the handling of image settings when objects involved in shape combinations contained images.
- Shadows: During and after editing an image with a shadow in Image Mask mode, the shadow renders properly.
- SVG: Correct Z-order is preserved when dragging an SVG image onto the canvas as part of a multi-file import.
- Canvases: When adding a new canvas, the units of the currently selected canvas will be applied to the new one.
- Line Routing: Fixed a bug causing line routing to connect lines to the origin under specific conditions.
- Shadows: When moving tables around that have a shadow applied, the shadow receives the same translation.
- Tables: Prevent table cells from incorrectly changing size when Fit shape to text is set.
- Inspectors: Image Size listed in the Image inspector always displays true pixel size instead of taking DPI into account.
- Inspectors: The Solid Fill color palettes can be customized by dragging a color chit to it.
- Stability: Fixed a hang with orthogonal lines when the line routing logic tried to layout two lines connected to the same object and each other.
- Tables: Fixed a bug with editing or connecting lines to tables that have been duplicated.
Compatibility: macOS 10.13.2 or later, 64-bit processor