TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via a€?panesa€?, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
Version 6.6 (Build 190812)
- Many internal changes to support future operating system versions.
- Added new a€?ID Findera€? feature for user and group accounts. After entering either account name, full name, POSIX identifier or UUID, the application will find the three remaining other items.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for disk write events.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for differential privacy submissions.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for iCloud services.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for baseband processor incidents.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for telephony monitoring.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for trust checks.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for iPhone software updates.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log for iPad software updates.
- Added new log type to retrieve the macOS log proactive events.
- The user interface for license registration was redesigned.